This week, many new concepts came into my mind. When I came to the Learn-Unlearn-Relearn (L-U-R) topic, I read through the history of this thought. Actually, it is a brand-new idea for me to absorb, it seems funny to hear something like "Unlearn". When I wondered about which is the most important element in "L-U-R", I immediately thought of "Relearn".
"Learning" seems inherent in our minds. When babies come to the world, they learn how to talk and walk. When babies turn to be children, they learn how to be spoiled. When children grow up as teenagers, they learn academic knowledge from books. Whey teenagers come into the society; they learn how to be adults and how to compete with peer. As time flies, elderly learn how to take care of themselves, etc. Learning appears around us everyday, it just like a kind of ability that we should have. For me, learning means learning new things or something is not yet in mind. But just learning is not enough. How about “Unlearn”? It means people should be able to forget or change what are already in their minds. Besides, organizations should focus on “Relearn”. Try to think of what are already done, organizations need to relearn on their past experience no matter they are success or failure cases. “Relearn” means learning the old knowledge again. Sometimes, if people only throw away what they have learnt or failed to do, they may not get anything. In fact, if they learn from the past cases or competitors’ failure, what they get can be new things or something would help them to generate more and more knowledge to strengthen the knowledge basis.
Under the paradigm shift in today’s world, brainpower is treated as a strong weapon to outstand in a crowd. Keep on learning is important for organizations to survive. Other than learning, organizations should relearn and relearn...
During the last two lectures, we also came through the Visual Auditory Kinesthetic Learning Styles. Let’s guess what type I am. :)
-I cannot listen for a long period.
-I prefer touching and doing.
-I love to move around, etc.
Yea, I am a kinesthetic learner. It is no doubt that I am in this style. The principal values held by kinesthetic are the comfort and pleasure of self and others. I love to be comfortable. I love to do “hands-on” tasks.
Lastly, do you really understand the whole picture of VAK learning styles?
Sharon, I agree with you that just learning is not sufficient. If we want to improve ourselves, we must have the ability to relearn.I think relearn is very essential nowadays as you cannot adapt and survive in the society if you don't know how to relearn!
I agree that relearning is the way to have improvement continuously. For unlearn, it is not only referring to the ability to forget or change our mind, but also remove the obtacles that impeding us to relearn.
Agnes, thanks for your further explanation of my idea. ;p yea, what I mean is that only learning is not enough, people should relearn to get a better way.
Anne, thanks for your comment. ;p Maybe my explanation is not enough here, I do not mean Unlearn is not important but it is not the most important in my interpretation. Just like Agnes's agreement, "Relearn" is relatively important in my mind. In case, if people come to the relearn process, they may need to base on the obstacles from learning to make improvement. Sometimes, obstacles or difficulties can be a kind of encourage for us to relearn.
LUR -> if we put forth to national level, which country best implements LUR effectively? And which country does not do a good job? Some codes could not be presented effectively about the VAK reflection. About the VAK, do you think change will be induced when you grow more mature?
Ivy, thanks for your comment. If we put forth to nation level, I just guess Singapore implements LUP effectively. In the past, people lived in an industrial era. Singapore is a pioneer turning to be a knowledge economy. During this process, she must came though LUR. She learned to be industrial economy, then she unlearned the way staying in industrial anymore, finally she relearns to be "knowledgeable".(of course she is still learning..)
In my opinion, China and Japan do not perform a good job here. These two countries always preserve their traditional views. Actually, they prefer being passive to change rather than active to change.
For the VAK, I agree changes would be occured when people grow up, including me. For me, when I was a child, I preferred to hear; now, I prefer to do. :)
Sharon, I agree with you that just learning is not sufficient. If we want to improve ourselves, we must have the ability to relearn.I think relearn is very essential nowadays as you cannot adapt and survive in the society if you don't know how to relearn!
ReplyDeleteI agree that relearning is the way to have improvement continuously. For unlearn, it is not only referring to the ability to forget or change our mind, but also remove the obtacles that impeding us to relearn.
ReplyDeleteAgnes, thanks for your further explanation of my idea. ;p
ReplyDeleteyea, what I mean is that only learning is not enough, people should relearn to get a better way.
Anne, thanks for your comment. ;p
Maybe my explanation is not enough here, I do not mean Unlearn is not important but it is not the most important in my interpretation. Just like Agnes's agreement, "Relearn" is relatively important in my mind.
In case, if people come to the relearn process, they may need to base on the obstacles from learning to make improvement. Sometimes, obstacles or difficulties can be a kind of encourage for us to relearn.
LUR -> if we put forth to national level, which country best implements LUR effectively? And which country does not do a good job?
ReplyDeleteSome codes could not be presented effectively about the VAK reflection.
About the VAK, do you think change will be induced when you grow more mature?
Ivy, thanks for your comment.
ReplyDeleteIf we put forth to nation level, I just guess Singapore implements LUP effectively. In the past, people lived in an industrial era. Singapore is a pioneer turning to be a knowledge economy. During this process, she must came though LUR. She learned to be industrial economy, then she unlearned the way staying in industrial anymore, finally she relearns to be "knowledgeable".(of course she is still learning..)
In my opinion, China and Japan do not perform a good job here. These two countries always preserve their traditional views. Actually, they prefer being passive to change rather than active to change.
For the VAK, I agree changes would be occured when people grow up, including me. For me, when I was a child, I preferred to hear; now, I prefer to do. :)