At Knowledge level, I recalled the recipe page for glutinous rice balls in a magazine. I identified what ingredients I need for making the rice balls.
Glutinous rice powder 90g
Sugar 22g
Warm water 114ml
Crushed roasted peanuts 100g
I also remember the cooking steps. That is the knowledge in my mind.
At Comprehension level, I understood how to make rice balls though interpreting the cooking processes on the page.
[Source: http://www.deliciousasianfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tang-yuen.jpg]
I know how rice balls look like by browsing photograph on net. I know it looks like the ping-pong ball but soft in texture. Here comes an analogy. :3
After reviewing the recipe, I am able to tell or explain to my friends how to make rice balls by themselves.
At Application level, I applied my cooking skills into making this dessert. Those cooking skills are what I have learnt from my cookery lessons in my secondary school. I applied what I learn in my mind, e.g. how to stir up the mixture.
At Analysis level, I made an analysis on the failure case. I examined the reasons of why I make the rice balls with no much flavor. Finally, I could point out I have not put enough amount of fillings inside the balls. And I think it was too traditional to put peanuts flavor inside the balls. I should make a new try.
At Synthesis level, I planned to make a new flavor for my Form 7 classmates. I designed to make the green tea flavor into dough and chocolate flavor.
So, ingredients changed.
From Crushed roasted peanuts 100g to Green tea powder 30g, Chocolate pieces 20
Followings are my new try.
They were really made by me. :)
At Evaluation level, I compared two flavors. Compared to the traditional rice balls, the green tea flavor is fresh. My classmates told me my rice balls all tasted good. :D
This application really helps me to know deeper about the Bloom’s Taxonomy. Can you get anything from my case?
References:
http://hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/question?qid=7007031700516&q=7008082700866&p=%E7%B3%96%E4%B8%8D%E7%94%A9 (last visited,
http://www.deliciousasianfood.com/2007/12/22/tang-yuen/ (last visited,
HI~It seems delicious of your rice balls :]
ReplyDeleteI know how to make rice ball too. For synthesis level, you use green tea flavor to make them is very novel and I prefer to eat the rice balls with cheese flavor ^^
It is so interesting. It is so funny that you use green tea powder to make rice balls.
ReplyDeleteI think you can try more other tastes such as coffee powder, overtine (阿華田) powder.
Hi, Sharon! The rice ball is so lovely and looks yummy =] Just like Anne’s, your sharing has also demonstrated the “trial and error”. Finally, a success story came!! When can we have a taste of the rice ball? XD
ReplyDeleteThere are many source of knowledge, i.e. your classmates' comment, failures and mistakes, cookery lesson and also magazine. You have fully utilized and integrated the learning cycle and also the bloom's taxonomy. By the way, I love eating rice balls and looking forwards to tasting your green tea one.
ReplyDeleteya, i have a similar experience that is making a chocolate cheese cake.
ReplyDeleteyour sharing reflect that you understand this bloom's taxonomy well, and i think this example is easy to understand. =]
To all:
ReplyDeleteI am happy to hear you would like to try my rice balls out. ~^^~
At Synthesis level, Nam and Agnes give me new idea again. So good! Maybe I can try out cheese and Overtine flavor later! ;p
石仔, it is a good question! haha... XD
Anne and May, thankyou for your appreciation.
Wah, your sharing makes me want to taste it now!!
ReplyDeleteI also like cooking. And I gain more ideas about bloom's taxonomy which applying in cooking.
So, I would like to try the synthesis level that changing something such new flavor in order to make a better dish.
Hey Sharon! I can still remember the taste of the green tea rice ball in F.7!! May I taste it once more?? XD
ReplyDeleteYour levels of taxonomy is well categorized! I also appreciate your "Innovation" of flavor!!
The example is relevant and practical. Could this taxonomy be applied in cake baking?
ReplyDelete