Friday, March 13, 2009

OL seminar

This week, Ms Waltrant Ritter came to our lecture and let me know more about Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning. Really thanks for her explanation; my "knowledge" grew more mature. :3

When Ms Waltrant Ritter talked about a learning place, I just wondered where are really my suitable "work" place (for the brain-workings). Of course, a quiet place like library would definitely be a good environment for me to memorize concepts or capture new knowledge from books. Learning under this atmosphere, my efficiency would be even better. But do I really need this kind of place for learning? Just like Ms Waltrant Ritter said that we can learn anywhere, anytime; I agree. A physical place is not a must for me to learn, instead, ongoing renewal capacity is more important. I love thinking but not referring to some kinds of "dreaming" or "day-dreaming". ;D


This giraffe is just thinking with an innovative idea, "Can I be a dragonfly?"
[source: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2290858777_aed546b990.jpg, last visited 15th March 2009]

For me, I can really learn anywhere and anytime. Ritter mentioned a term of "Incidental Learning"; this word refers to those sudden cases triggering people to learn. Take this term, it is not difficult to discover Learning is really appeared anywhere, anytime. When I come to new situation, I am forced to learn no matter where I am. Remember something like "A-ha!"? :D When you are under an incidental situation, you are forced to get out some "A-ha!" ideas or you can get/learn new things. Sometimes, Innovation appears too.

During the seminar, I asked Ms Waltrant Ritter how people define a K-worker. She said K-workers should have self-desired learning capacity, continuous-learning attitude and K-maintenance skills. When she asked me "Do you want to be a K-worker?", I just guess I have all these abilities or not. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment