I believe that being responsible (Governing values) is very important to my daily attitude. I am responsible to finish tasks in time, have self-discipline, try my best to do things that are assigned by others, etc. (Action strategy) Therefore, my time management is good and I always get things done both efficiently and effectively. (Consequences for self) And friends trust me and love to rely on me. (Consequences for others)
Time on Single-Loop Learning and Double-Loop Learning
During my years in secondary school, I trained to be an athletics team member. When I was just a Form 1 student, I believed that running speed is only depended on the performance of the legs, it may not related to other parts physically.
For the first competition, I was not satisfied with the result and I felt with paralysis of my legs for a few minutes. I just wondered what should I do to improve. My trainer asked me to enlarge my strides. So I decided to change my strategy. But I was still believe running is related to the performance of legs only. Just like playing table tennis is related to hand movement only. Of course this stupid thought was just in my mind when I was a Form 1 girl.
The next competition came. At that time, I improved my skills but I thought it was not enough yet. This time, my trainer observed my performance in the middle-distance race and she discovered that I did not breathe methodically. She told me that there should be a beat in my breath which is "inhale-inhale-exhale" for running any long-distance events. As my trainer has lots of experience, I believed what she said. This time, I reframed the ideas in my mind. I believe that running speed is not only depended on the performance of the legs, it may related to other parts physically, for example, the breathing. It was not easy for me to alternate my habit at the beginning as the two situations are confronted. But after a period, I used to the new strategy and felt better after the events. :)
.jpg)
Here implies the case on Single-Loop Learning and Double-Loop Learning.
Do you understand? :D
The next competition came. At that time, I improved my skills but I thought it was not enough yet. This time, my trainer observed my performance in the middle-distance race and she discovered that I did not breathe methodically. She told me that there should be a beat in my breath which is "inhale-inhale-exhale" for running any long-distance events. As my trainer has lots of experience, I believed what she said. This time, I reframed the ideas in my mind. I believe that running speed is not only depended on the performance of the legs, it may related to other parts physically, for example, the breathing. It was not easy for me to alternate my habit at the beginning as the two situations are confronted. But after a period, I used to the new strategy and felt better after the events. :)
.jpg)
Here implies the case on Single-Loop Learning and Double-Loop Learning.
Do you understand? :D
Your sharing is similar to Nam's idea. Both are related to personal sports training. Do you think the governing values are changed / modified by external parties, not solely depend on the consequences?
ReplyDeleteyup, in the first case, your governing variable is well accepted and adopted, it is single-loop learning.
ReplyDeleteAnd in the second case, you correct the error and make the effective decision(running speed is not related to other parts physically), it is double-loop learning.
I think your examples are clear and easy to understand.
Ivy:
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment.
yes, our ideas are similar because we shared our experience through socialization before updating our blogs. :D
I think sometimes the governing values are changed or modified by external parties, also by the reflection on consequences. It depends on how do we need to change.
Here, when I come into errors or failure, I may listen the external parties as I can get a better way from them. But sometimes I can change by myself. For example, I may analyse the consequences (What's going wrong?) and I may able to make relative solutions by myself. So it just depends.
May:
Thanks for your appreciation.
I hope you get much more ideas from my case. :)